Hydrogen is an atmospheric resource in Astroneer. It can be obtained using an Atmospheric Condenser on Sylvan, Calidor, Vesania, and Novus. To create and store the gas, the Atmospheric Condenser utilizes a 5-unit storage canister that is self-generated without requiring additional resources. This gas canister can be used in crafting five times before it disappears. The canister’s lid has a circular indicator that shows the remaining gas. The concentration of hydrogen varies on different planets and moons, and it can be completely absent in some cases.
In the game, the yellow circle (indicator) on the hydrogen canister is divided into five parts and does not have a solid shape like in the picture.
To distinguish hydrogen from other gases in storage, it is represented by an orange-yellow color on the canister. Avoid playing with dynamite near hydrogen storage, as this gas is highly flammable and can explode instantly.
To create hydrogen and other gases, the Atmospheric Condenser consumes a significant amount of power. In the early stages of the game, when energy is limited, you can set up the hydrogen collection separately from the rest of the base’s power system. You can place it on a separate platform with its own mini solar or wind power generator.
Regardless of the planet you’re on and your location, all modules in Astroneer will continue their operations and resource gathering. Astroneer uses a chunk-based system, but loading occurs throughout the entire world.
Usageneed a translation
- Where to find hydrogen? How to make (craft) hydrogen?
Hydrogen is a gas in Astroneer. It can only be collected, and to do so, you need to know on which planet it can be found, activate the Atmospheric Condenser, and supply it with power. Hydrogen can be found on Vesania, Silva, Calidor, and Novus.
- Can I collect hydrogen on one planet while playing on another?
Yes, you can. While you are busy with other tasks, the Atmospheric Condenser will continue to operate on any planet. Just make sure to press the repeat button on the condenser panel so that it continues to collect gas while there is available storage space.
- What does gas concentration mean? Are the percentages shown in the table?
Gas concentration refers to how much gas is present in a consistent volume of the atmosphere. Astroneer does not display the actual concentration of the atmosphere in percentages, but the condenser itself indicates the amount of gas available. The higher the indicator, the faster the resource is collected.
- Does energy consumption vary depending on the concentration?
No, the Atmospheric Condenser consumes the same amount of energy regardless of the planet, resource, or concentration in the atmosphere.
- If you place hydrogen in the research chamber, fully analyzing it will yield 100 bytes. The research speed will be 40 bytes per minute. This means that you can generate bytes indefinitely from energy.
- Hydrogen is highly explosive. If it detonates near dynamite, it will cause an explosion. It is important to note that if hydrogen explodes while it is in your inventory, your character will die.
- Joking around with hydrogen and the smelting furnace is not advisable. If hydrogen enters the furnace, it will detonate, causing an explosion that can destroy the platform and nearby modules.